Stannah Stairlifts Maintenance Tips.
Climbing stairs is one of the most challenging tasks for the elderly or people suffering from mobility issues. A Stannah stairlift can resolve this problem and is ideal for homes that don’t have enough space to install an elevator. However, continuous use of Stannah stairlifts can cause wear and tear of its components, preventing it from working efficiently. Regular Stairlifts maintenance keeps your stairlift in good working condition and extends its lifespan. At Stannah Mountain West Stairlifts, Centerville, UT, we would like to share with you some stairlifts maintenance tips.
Monitor the Performance Of Your Stairlift
It’s essential to monitor the performance of your stairlift and keep an eye out for following signs of problems:
- A ride feels bumpy
- Unusual noises
- Error codes on the display
- Juddering or slow start
- Beeping sound (it may be a sign of a low battery or an alert to an error code)
How Do I Maintain My Stannah Stairlift?
After purchasing a Stannah stairlift, ensure you read the instruction manuals since it’ll help familiarize yourself with the basic operating rules and guide you to use the device appropriately. You will find instructions in the manual that relate to the battery of the stairlift and its movable parts. You must follow them properly to keep your Stannah lift in good working condition. Below are some useful Stairlifts maintenance tips:
- An effective way to maintain the lifespan of your stairlift is cleaning its track. Always use a damp (but not wet) cloth or duster to wipe over the seat, and track at least once a week to prevent the buildup of dirt and dust. Always disable the stairlift (by removing the key) before cleaning the track.
- As part of Stairlifts maintenance, lubricate the track after every three months to prevent movement deterioration issues. Avoid the use of detergents and solvents since they can be abrasive. Instead, grease the entire track with the recommended lubricant.
- Check the moving parts such as footrest and cable, arms and swivel seat. Ensure that the seat isn’t loose and doesn’t wobble. Check the seat locking mechanism. Ensure that the seat locks fully and is secure. It’s essential to lubricate the swivel seat every six to twelve months depending on the extent of usage.
- If the stairlift has a trailing cable, you should inspect it regularly for signs of cracks or any other damage. You should keep the cable out of the way to prevent tripping risks to the users. Lubricate outdoor trailing cables with silicone spray. For indoor trailing cables, use talcum powder.
- You should charge the batteries fully. Generally, you should also replace them every one to two years (depending on the use and as recommended in the owner’s manual). Keep the battery charger in a safe and dry place to prevent condensation from forming in the charger.
- Check all mounting screws and bolts to ensure they’re tight. Make adjustments if necessary.
- Inspect the wheels and track to ensure that they’re in good working condition, without any cracks. Replace the wheel if it doesn’t rotate freely.
Regular Stairlifts maintenance is very important to keep a stairlift in good working condition. Purchase of a Stannah stairlift from a reputable dealer, like Stannah Mountain West Stairlifts, will ensure prompt and efficient stairlift maintenance services by highly trained technicians.
Do you want to learn more about Stannah stairlifts maintenance tips? Don’t hesitate to call us today at (888)-542-3834 or visit our local store, 623 N 1250 W, Centerville, UT 84014.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!