Affordable Stairlifts Mountain West
For persons living with reduced mobility, accessing rooms located upstairs can be a big problem. The elderly, arthritis patients, people living with a disability, and those with conditions that limit their mobility face this common challenge every day. The best solution to this critical problem is affordable stairlifts Mountain West.
These conditions shouldn’t alter your quality of life. You don’t have to worry anymore about accessing rooms upstairs. With Stannah stairlifts, you can ascend and descend a flight of stairs quickly and safely. But, what are they and what is the budget for purchase and installation?
Stairs can be an issue for seniors
Seniors desire to age in place, but owning a home that isn’t suited for it is one of the biggest impediments. A simple set of stairs is the biggest problem for many.
The young prefer to live in multi-story homes, but the stairs start to become an ever-larger problem as you age. Seniors living in rooms on the second floor will face a lot of difficulties accessing them. Purchasing a stairlift – though not cheap – is the easiest and excellent solution to a problem set of stairs.
A stairlift is a significant investment. Therefore, you should ensure that you make the best possible choice for your needs to get value for money. Here are some essential things to keep in mind.
1. Know the various types of stairlifts
While they pretty serve the same purpose, there are some main types of stairlifts to consider in your search:
- Seated stairlifts – They’re the most popular and recommended option for anyone comfortable sitting (or can’t sit due to health reasons).
- Standing stairlifts – If you are not comfortable sitting or find the seat of the stairlifts uncomfortable, then a standing stairlift may be the best option for you. They suit stairs that are not very wide as they’re often narrower than seated stairlifts.
- Straight stairlift – They are the best choice for any set of stairs that go straight up and cheaper than curved stairlifts.
- Curved stairlift – You need to invest in a curved stairlift that’ll cost extra if your stairs have curves or bends.
- Outdoor stairlift – They are ideal for outdoor stairs. They can better withstand the elements. You need these stairlifts to avoid struggling with outdoor stairs as well as (or instead of) indoor stairs.
If you want to have an easy time narrowing down the right choice for your needs, then know your options thoroughly.
2. Measure the Available Space
The last thing you want is to buy a stairlift only to discover that it cannot fit on the stairs in your home. Would you want to go through such trouble? Measure your stairs long before settling on a specific stairlift. If you have narrower stairs than the average, then finding a stairlift that’ll work in the space requires carefulness and high accuracy.
3. Ask For Recommendations
Ask around and consult anyone who has experience with affordable stairlifts Mountain West before choosing a particular brand or model. Talk to family members, friends, your doctor, and anyone else who might advise you to make an informed decision.
A recommendation from someone you know is always the best, as it’ll tell you more about the pros and cons of a specific stairlift than anything a sales representative will tell you.
4. Check Reviews
Besides the recommendation from someone you know, you should also check unbiased reviews online. You should do some research to find out what previous customers/users say about the top models you are considering. This will help to confirm your impression that you’re making an excellent choice or give you an early warning of common issues a stairlift might have.
5. Get Quotes from Many Companies
If you’ve identified a particular stairlift as the best choice for you, talk to different brands before making a final decision. Comparing the pricing of one company to others will help you to find out if it’s reasonable. Take time to consider a few different options to increases your chances of getting a good deal.
6. Look Into Payment Options
While Medicare doesn’t cover the costs of a stairlift, you can use some other options to finance your stairlift. In some cases, you could get some funding if you are eligible for Medicaid.
Veterans can seek VA benefits such as the Aid and Attendance benefit. Most stairlift dealers provide financing options. Therefore, you may still get a stairlift even if you can’t raise the whole amount upfront.
Affordable Stairlifts Mountain West
Are you looking for affordable stairlifts Mountain West? Contact Stannah Mountain West Stairlifts to get a free quote. Feel free to call us today at (888) 542-3834 or use the contact form to make an inquiry.