Basic Stairlift Safety Features
Despite everything working correctly, there’s still a chance of an accident caused by animals, people or things a user has no control over when using stair lifts. Stannah stair lifts are powerful and reliable, but they can pose a risk to both the user and others if not used correctly. Fortunately, Stannah builds in some essential stairlift safety features to reduce the risk to everyone and everything. These features include:
- Automatic Seat Lock -Using a stairlift without the seat locked in position will be a considerable danger to the user both while getting on or off the stair lift seat and while traveling up the stairs. Nearly all stair lifts have a swivel seat at one end of the travel and most swivel at both ends.
- Seat Belt – If a user falls out of the stair lift seat along the travel of the stair lift, he or she can be injured severely. Therefore, the use of seat belt prevents such an accident. The seat belt is the most basic safety feature built into the Stannah Stairlifts.
- Seat Lock Switch – Many models of Stannah stairlifts have seat lock switch that prevents the lift from operating unless the user has locked the seat in the right position.
- Arm Position Switch -Like the seat lock switch, arm position switch prevents the stair lift chair from moving unless the arms are in the correct position.
- Momentary Activation Switch – This kind of switch is only activated when there’s pressure on it. It’ll shut down the stair lift if the pressure is released. A momentary switch is a switch that activates the stair lift. If for any reason, a user releases the pressure from the momentary switch the stair lift will stop automatically.
- Foot Rest Bumper Switch – If the bumper hits anything during the travel of the stair lift the chair will stop moving until you remove the thing that’s hit from the stairway. Footrests on Stannah stairlifts have micro switches along each side so the stair lift will automatically stop if they come in contact with any obstruction on the stairway. If a user is alone and cannot remove the obstacle, the lift will operate in the opposite direction, so they’re not stranded in the chair.
At Stannah Mountain West Stairlifts, Centerville, UT, we will not only help you to get the most competitively priced Stannah stairlifts on the market, but they’ll come with the most advanced stairlift safety features available as standard.
For more information on any of these safety features, or for a free no-obligation quote, please call us today on (801) 438-7707 or fill out our online form and we will call you back!